M100 Club is a community of adventure travelers and conservation-focused philanthropists dedicated to preserving the 29,000-acre watershed of the Mamoní Valley Preserve and its tropical ecosystems.
M100 Club members help protect one of our planet’s most unique and cherished natural places and help us build our legacy of positive impact and good environmental stewardship.
M100 Club members are like-minded people who enjoy interacting with one another. They have built lifelong friendships with each other, and their families enjoy getting together regularly. We meet both in Panama at our facilities and at solon-like events held from time to time. Members tell us it is similar to The Explorers Club but focused on the Mamoní Valley Preserve.
M100 Club membership comes with privileged access to the Mamoní Valley Preserve and the Community of Purpose that continues to grow around the Valley.
These exclusive Member Benefits are designed to foster enjoyment of the connection to the Valley and its natural wonders, its vibrance and dynamism, the unusual sense of ownership and belonging, and the camaraderie and network of like-minded individuals who all share in the vision of helping the planet by being stewards to one of its unique, special places.
Members’ contributions make a difference to the planet – they help preserve and restore the rainforests of the Mamoní Valley forever.
The Valley is a keystone location that bolsters crucial biological connectivity to the Tumbes-Chocó-Magdalena biodiversity hotspot – one of the most biodiverse places on the planet. This is a globally-significant contribution to preserving Earth’s irreplaceable diversity of plants, animals, and lifeforms for future generations.
Saving these forests and fostering landscape regeneration also mitigates climate change by retaining and capturing carbon and lowering greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
For information about applying for M100 Club membership, please send your preferred contact information (i.e., text, e-mail, and/or phone call) and a very brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Initially, members either invested $USD100,000 and received equity in the M100 Club, or donated $USD100,000 to MVP and received a tax deduction. Now only the donation option is available.
M100 Club Member Description
M100 Club members tend to meet the following criteria:
- Enjoy being physically active.
- Have a passion for nature.
- Know that forests and biodiversity are essential for the planet.
- Care deeply about climate change and want a way to do something about it.
- Are kind, generous, and open-minded.
- Believe in MVP’s mission.
- Have a desire to experience meaningful adventures in nature. We want you to experience MVP and therefore encourage you to join us on our adventures. Every year, we share a calendar of opportunities open to members for that year. It is not just about your donations; the eco-adventure community matters to us too!
- Are committed to engaging and foster the growth of the club. It’s a global conservation community that we are building, after all!
How to become a M100 Club Member
There are two options:
- By making a commitment to donate $USD 100,000 within ten years. If not all upfront, payments may be structured over time in whichever way works best for the donor, as long as:
- The first payment is at least $USD 10,000.
- All subsequent payments are at least $USD 5,000.
- By crossing the threshold of $USD, 100,000 in donations accumulated over any period. This is when you achieve lifetime membership benefits. Until then, your benefits are annual.
M100 Club Membership Benefits
- Tax Benefits. Mamoní Valley Preserve, established in 2001—is a US 501 (c) (3) nonprofit public charity with EIN: 27-0514499.
- Members and their immediate families who visit the Mamoní Valley Preserve will have their flight emissions offset through MVP’s carbon offset program.
- Access to the preserve, 50% discount up to 7-days a year at Centro Mamoní for donors and their immediate families.
- Support for planning and organizing the entire in-country portion of a Panama trip and connection to more Eco-Adventures in Central and South America through our vetoed Tour Operator.
- Access to members-only events and networking opportunities at annual US-based events, virtual events, and invitation-only eco-adventures in the Mamoní Valley for members and their guests.
- Flexible and expedited acceptance of members’ children and family members into MVP internships and similar experiences.
- MVP-branded outdoor gear for the whole family of up to four (1 t-shirt, 1 shirt, 1 cap per person).
- An MVP Partner Logo for you to use on your website/social media.
- An article/mention in our Newsletter about your M100 Club membership is shared with our network of M100 Club members and stakeholders.
- Social media outreach (if you agree).
- Featured M100 Club member profile on our website (if you agree).
- Name a project/trail/tree after the person you decide on.
- Recognition in the annual report.