The MVP’s conservation and community building strategy stand on these seven pillars:
- An Association of landowners dedicated to the conservation
- Land use monitoring to identify conservation needs, suppress illegal activities, and enhance visitor experiences
- Operating an Agroforestry Center to cultivate structural bamboo, grow food for MVP staff and visitor consumption, and demonstrate sustainable permaculture practices
- Restoring deforested land to expand habitat for enhanced biodiversity
- Accommodating scientific field studies and research to guide conservation
- Helping local communities develop sustainably, improving the quality of life, and preserving the environment
Securing conservation financing to enable MVP to preserve and enhance one of the world’s most critical biodiversity corridors.